Senior Application Engineer
The Senior Application Engineer creates, maintains, and improves internal and external information systems.
Location: HQ – Folsom, CA
- Define site objectives by analyzing user requirements; envisioning system features and functionality.
- Design and develop user interfaces to Web/client applications by setting expectations and features priorities throughout development life cycle; determine design methodologies and tool sets; complete programming using languages and software products; design and conduct tests.
- Recommend system solutions by comparing advantages and disadvantages of custom development and purchase alternatives.
- Complete application development by coordinating requirements, schedules, and activities; contribute to team meetings; troubleshoot development and production problems across multiple environments and operating platforms.
- Support users by developing documentation and assistance tools.
- Update job knowledge by researching new web/client technologies and software products; participate in educational opportunities; read professional publications; maintain personal networks; participate in professional organizations.
- Enhance organization reputation by accepting ownership for accomplishing new and different requests; explore opportunities to add value to job accomplishments.
- Support and develop web application developers by providing advice, coaching and educational opportunities.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE
- 5+ years of hands-on experience in Application Development;
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Management Information Systems, or closely related field; OR
- Equivalent combination of education and experience
- 7+ years of hands-on experience in Application Development
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Management Information Systems, or closely related field
- Microsoft Certified Solutions Developer (MCSD)
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES
- Proven expert experience as a .NET Developer using C#
- Expert with the ASP.NET framework, and Model-View-Controller (MVC) design pattern
- Expert with SQL queries, stored procedures, views, creating tables
- Expert Object-Oriented Design (OOD) Skills and software architecture design skills
- Understands SDLC and Agile, and good practices in software development cycle
- Experience with GIT, TFS, or Subversion source code version control
- Expert SOAP/JSON web services (Creation and Consumption) Skills
- Knowledge of Oracle, Microsoft SQL Server, Solar and/or MySQL
- Knowledge of Microsoft .Net 3.0, 4.0, 4.5
- Knowledge of Team Foundation Server
- Proficient Complex XSLT Development skills, proficient software architecture design skills
- Proficient Software Requirements Gathering Skills