Help Desk Associate
The Help Desk Associate is responsible for managing the help desk function and serves as the first point of contact for customers seeking technical assistance. Under the supervision of the Information Security Officer (ISO) this position provides technical assistance and support related to computer systems, hardware, software, data networks, and mobile devices, responds to queries, runs diagnostic programs, isolates problem, and determines and implements solutions.
Location: HQ – Folsom, CA
- Provides technical assistance and support for incoming queries and issues related to computer systems, software, hardware, data network, and mobile devices
- Responds to queries and issues either in person, over the phone, or via remote control applications. Ensures responses are timely and frequently
- Ensures all reported problems are logged in the help desk support ticketing system.
- Walks customers through the problem-solving process and records events, problems, and solutions in the ticketing system
- Writing and maintaining support documentation and manuals. Sends periodic all staff educational emails and maintains a support desk Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ) portal. Trains computer users
- Installs, modifies, and repairs computer hardware and software. Cleans computer systems suspected to have malware and/or sensitive information
- Performs user and group administrations including provisioning, changing, and removing accounts
- Prepares computer systems for new users including the installation and configuration of computer peripherals
- Follows up with customers to ensure issues have been resolved. Provides customers with continuous status updates
- Creates and tracks support tickets performance related indicators
- Escalates issues / problems effectively and timely
- Automates routine tasks
- Identifies and suggests possible improvements on technologies, processes, and procedures
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE
- 3 years of information technology experience
- Installing, configuring, and maintaining Atlassian Jira Support Desk software.
- CompTIA IT Network+, CompTIA A+, or equivalent.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES
- Strong knowledge of computer systems, hardware, and data networks
- Strong knowledge of mobile devices and WIFI networks
- Strong critical thinking and problem-solving skills
- Ability to work in a team environment
- Effective time management
- Being detailed oriented
- Strong communication written and verbal skills
- Strong organization skills
- Strong customer service attitude
- Ability to work independently and as part of the a team