Database Engineer – Python
The Database Engineer (Python) is responsible for analyzing system requirements and design responsive algorithms and solutions.
Location: HQ – Folsom, CA or Tallahassee, FL
- Build data pipelines that clean, transform, and aggregate unorganized data into databases or data sources that are ready for analysis
- Work through all stages of a data solution lifecycle, e.g., analyze / profile data, create conceptual, logical and physical data model designs, architect and design ETL, reporting and analytics
- Analyze system requirements and design responsive algorithms and solutions
- Write, execute and maintain python-based code.
- Setup and maintain a Proper Python Environment on Window Server.
- Document data definitions, dictionaries, and architectures
- Explore Platforms as a Service (PaaS) for continuous improvement. (i.e. Data Bricks, HDInsight)
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE
- At least (3) three years of work experience in Computer Science, or closely related field.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or closely related field
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES
- Expert-level Python Experience
- Understanding of the threading limitations and multi-process architecture of Python
- Intermediate knowledge of Structured Query Language (SQL)
- Continuously improve the process through automation and creation of tools
- Intermediate analytical and problem-solving skills
- Expert-level knowledge of use Python
- Intermediate knowledge of T-SQL
- Knowledge in Spark SQL, Jupiter Notebooks, Agile SDLC, Data Science concepts