Location: Headquarters, Folsom, CA
Under general direction, the Data Scientist will design and build models to work with large government data sets to identify potential fraud via the identification of known and previously unknown fraud methods. The Data Scientist will be responsible for using cutting edge technologies and methods to deploy supervised and unsupervised prediction algorithms, statistical models, and applying statistical rigor to Pondera’s existing rules-based detection models. The Data Scientist will work with Pondera’s Research & Development department to build new and validate existing methods and models, and work with customers to validate the models, tune them on a regular basis, and monitor usage and effectiveness.
Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in behavioral or natural sciences, business analytics, applied mathematics or comparable field;
- At least 3 years of experience using advanced statistical and analytics tools (such as programming, data mining, statistical analysis and modeling to include experience with manipulating and analyzing clinical and financial data at an expert level); OR
- Equivalent combination of education and experience
- 5+ years of hands-on experience with R, Microsoft Machine Learning, Python, IBM I2, STATA, SPSS, S+, SAS Enterprise Miner or similar tools
- 5+ years of hands-on experience with T-SQL